LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH
Find yourself binge watching Netflix a little too frequently? Here are a couple techniques to help you avoid back pain after that one hour episode, turns into the whole first season.
1. Get started with a simple plank. This will engage your core muscles, helping you to endure the marathon ahead.
2. Avoid slouching. Slouching puts your pelvis into a posterior tilt, adding stress to your lower back. Try to slide all the way back to where the back rest meets the seat as this will help keep you more upright.
3. Don't be too chill. As comfortable as it is to prop your feet up onto the coffee table, it adds a lot of stress to your lower back and again, puts you into that slouched position. While it is ok to do every now and then, avoid keeping your feet propped for a prolonged period of time.
4. Every so often, cross your leg over and move into the Figure 4 Stretch.
5. Count those steps. Snacks running low? Drink almost empty? Small bladder? Don't hesitate to get up from your seat (as comfy as you are) and take a few steps. This will alleviate any stresses on your back by changing up positions.
Add this routine into your Netflix marathon training regime, and avoid low back pain!